Thursday, June 26, 2008

On a Roll

You guys would be so proud of me! This entire card was made from paper scraps! I used more of my SU Afternoon Tea DP scraps, and I also used some of my Whisper White scraps also! This card took me all morning to make. I started out by using my Cuttlebug on the brown DP, I then used my sanding block to distress the embossed image to add a nice "weathered" look to the card. I used my Nestabilities scalloped ovals, and plain ovals for the main floral image. I used the retired SU set "In Full Bloom" which I stamped in Staz On and water-colored with my aqua painters. It is difficult to tell from the picture but the scallop oval is raised, along with the sentiment. The geometric image behind the oval was made from one stamp that I stamped repeatedly to make the patterned paper. This stamp was from the Paper Trey set "Simple Little Things". I again used my aqua-painter to color in the little flowers. The large brown brads are from S.E.I. I love how this card turned out!

3 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful Veronica, I love the distressed CB piece, but it is all beautiful!! I love that DP too but am hoarding it:-)

Rebecha said...

This is so gorgeous...the background is very nice. I might have to try that technique.

Paula said...

This is a great card made all from scraps! I am very proud of you! I really like the sanded DP. It looks very cool!