Sunday, October 9, 2011

{A True Friend}




True Friends

Good Afternoon, today I am here to show you a card I created with a couple of challenges in mind. First, this weeks Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge. The challenge this week was to create your own custom made washi  tape. I admit at first I was a little bit nervous about the whole process, but, I gave it a try and I am so happy with the results! To create my washi tape I used the PTI Anniversary set "Simple Little Things". The flower and sentiment are from the Stampin Up set "True Friend". I stamped the strips of washi tape using A Muse Studio ink, French Roast, Orange, and Blackberry and three different stamps from my PTI set.  I stamped the flower stem in Close to Cocoa ink. I stamped the flower twice on vanilla card stock using blackberry, and then cut them out. I added an orange gem to the center and a pop dot to make it well, pop! The patterned paper background is from Lillybee Design (LOVE). I stamped the sentiment using onyx black Versafine ink, and finished off the card with stitching (of course), and twine tied with a button from the Buttercup collection by A Muse Studio.  The color inspiration for my card is from  Paper Craft Magazine Color Inspiration Challenge #9  using these colors:


Today I am also playing along with this challenge!!



I thank you for visiting my blog today, and I hope you have a nice day!


3 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

This is gorgeous Ronnie!

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely, Ronnie! Love what you've done.
-Martha

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty! The stitching is fabulous! I love the button and the little touch of bling! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!