Sunday, May 4, 2014

Big Bloomin' Birthday!

AveryElle
 
Welcome, welcome! Today I am happy to be playing along with the current Case Study Challenge # 189, which happens to be featuring one of my favorite people in craft land:
 
 
This is the beautiful card that Wida created as our inspiration this week:
 

           My card features the stamp set by Avery Elle, "Fill In The Blanks". I've had this card laying around and thought it would be perfect for this challenge! Firstly, the die-cut card layers, secondly, the poppies! Wida loves poppies. I cut out several circles,  spritzed them with water, and scrunched them up into a loose ball. I smoothed the circles back out, and put something heavy on them to keep them flat and set them aside to dry for an hour or two. Once dried I assembled the flowers and stitched them together using a button, , needle, and thread. I finished off the bloom with burlap, hand cut leaves.  The patterned paper is by Simple Stories.

                                                      I am happy you stopped by today!
 
 

5 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely delightful!! From the homey mix of colours and patterns, to the clever layering, it makes me grin from ear to ear!

Unknown said...

i really love your card!!

Birgit said...

Absolutely in love with you card!

Jeanne J. said...

Great mix of papers and colors. Love those pretty flowers too!

Wida said...

there is something edgy about this card. I think its the sentiment window. no it's the distressed randomly cut flowers. wait its the burlap. lets just agree something about this card is edgy and call it good because it is!